Concrete is only for construction
- Yes, concrete is used in construction, however we have been making use of it to create anything and everything. From industrial looking lamps to mini Star Wars paperweight, we have been exploring the functionality and expanding its use. If you have an idea, let us know!
Only men like concrete.
- Contrary to popular beliefs, we have a high female audience attending our workshops! Not only are ladies really rolling up their sleeves to learn, they are imbuing their sense of style into their creations. Recently we have even hosted a handful of Hen’s Parties!
Craft workshops are super messy right?
- Believe it or not, our concrete craft workshops have been held at a clothing store with little kids making concrete stuff. We have refined our workshop process in such a way that it doesn’t get messy. How about having us to host workshop at your meeting room with your colleagues? What are you waiting for?
Concrete is ugly
- Concrete in itself might seem boring, but we have been experimenting with the material and now we can do a whole bunch of things to concrete. Think beautiful camo colors, gold accents, vintage industrial style. Pop by our Instagram (@concrete_everything) and you will find a whole range of creations made entirely out of concrete! We aim to make concrete as classy and trendy as other high-end materials, so watch us!
Isnt there a lot of holes and cracks in concrete?
- Yes, I’d agree that when you cast concrete, often there are some ‘cheese holes’ that are due to air bubbles trapped within them. However, it is also part of an aesthetic appreciation we try to promote, the aesthetics of wabi sabi, beauty in imperfections, impermanence and incompleteness. The ‘flaws’ are beautiful because it tells a story, a journey, a learning process and giving opportunities for things to happen as they are.
Do you have any questions or thoughts about concrete? Let us know!